Spain: Sakyadhita National Branches
Sakyadhita members are working to achieve gender equity in Buddhism and equal opportunities for education and training of Buddhist women around the world. Members cooperate to help women realize their potential as academic, professional, teachers, counselors, artists, community organizers, and compassionate social activists.
Sakyadhita Spain's Objectives are:
- Establish an alliance of Buddhist women in Spain
- To advance the spiritual and secular welfare of women in Spain
- Working for gender equity in Buddhist education, training, institutional structures and management
- Promote harmony and dialogue between Buddhist traditions and religions
- Encourage research and publications on topics of interest to the Buddhist women
- Encouraging compassionate social action for the benefit of mankind
- To promote world peace through the teachings of Buddha
In November 2009 and was granted Charitable Status with Canada Revenue Agency in 2011.
Please visit their website for more information.
Sakyadhita Spain's Representatives
- Montse Castellà, coordinator
- Lama Yeshe Chodron
- Lama Tsondru
- Berta Meneses